Buying a Breathalyzer?
When investing in a breathalyzer the purchaser must weigh up the potential for economic, educational and emotional impact that the user of a breathalyzer will have to prevent someone from driving impaired and causing serious harm to themselves and to others.
One wrong decision can result in life altering circumstances
- Debilitating injuries
- jail time
- loss of employment
- criminal record
- loss of life which affects family , friends and loved ones.
Why risk it?
Breathalyzer Technology options:
To explain exactly the inner workings of a Breathalyzer would simply bore you.
In laments terms the technology that ensures that the ethanol from one test is cleared and clean in readiness for the next breath test which utilizes what’s called Fuel cell technology.
Breathalyzer FUEL CELL TECHNOLOGY:
Fuel cell technology is the key ingredient. All evidential and commercial grade units contain a fuel cell which ensures accuracy when testing for alcohol in ones breath (BAC- blood alcohol content) it is used by the police in law enforcement and is used for all interlock devices for offending drink drivers.
Personal breath testers can be found online and in retail stores in all ranges of reliability, accuracy and price.
Many marketed and advertised breathalyzers are not to be trusted and should not be considered by people wanting to purchase a unit they can rely on. These units are the mass produced semiconductor devices, imported and typically sold based on price by mass-market Internet, catalog, and store retailers.
Personal breathalyzers fall into two classes depending on the alcohol sensing technology employed,
Fuel Cell or Semiconductor.
Serious and responsible users should always choose fuel cell breath testers. Semiconductor devices are inappropriate for those interested in accurate BAC measurement.
- Alcohol specific. Semiconductor devices can give positive alcohol readings even when no alcohol is present. They will react to perfume, hairspray, gasoline, cigarette smoke, and breath substances such as acetone and ketones. Fuel cell measurements are always and only Alcohol specific.
- High accuracy. Fuel cell is consistently accurate across a wide alcohol concentration range from .000 to .400 BAC. Unlike semiconductor devices, the Fuel cell can report 3-digit BAC measurement accuracy because of the precision of its Platinum Fuel Cell Technology. No personal breath tester is more accurate than the Fuel cell.
- Calibration stability. Unlike semiconductors which require frequent re-calibration, Fuel cell recommends re-calibration only once per year under normal use.
- Long working life. Unlike Semiconductor devices that have a short life span, Fuel Cell breathalyzers have an expected working life of 3-5 years. Many professional fuel cell breathalyzers have been in the field and in continuous use by medical clinics and employers for over 8 years.
- Proven. Fuel cell technology in alcohol testing has been continually refined and improved since its introduction in the 1970s. It is the technology used in portable breath testing by Law Enforcement globally in their stepped up efforts to deter drunken driving.
- Reliable. The combination of long working life, calibration stability, alcohol specificity, and high precision all add up to a device that when properly maintained can be trusted to perform.